The Weber Original Round Pizza Stone with baking tray allows you to bake almost any kind of flatbread or pizza in your Weber barbecue.
Compatible with Weber 47cm and 57cm charcoal kettle BBQs and all Weber® Gas BBQ except the Q1000/Q1200 Series.
Diameter: 12mm thick
Our recommendations on how to use this Pizza Stone:
To make perfect pizza dough, you will need the following:
- 300g Strong white bread flour
- 300g Tipo 00 flour
- 1x 7g sachet of instant dried yeast
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp salt 375ml warm water (don't use boiling hot water as it will destroy the yeast)
Experiment with your toppings but as an example; use tomato sauce or passata for your base and then top with grated cheese and pepperoni slices.
To make your dough:
- In a large mixing bowl add both types of flour (sieved), the yeast, salt, sugar and oil.
- Gradually add the warm water and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- The dough should be fairly sticky.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for at least 15 to 20 minutes until silky smooth and quite elastic.
- Sprinkle a large pinch of 00 flour into a large clean mixing bowl, place your dough ball in the center.
- Add another generous pinch of flour to coat.
- Wrap the bowl in cling film.
- Allow to rise in a warm place for around an hour, it should double in size.
- Divide the risen dough; there is enough for at least 4 paddle sized pizzas.
Or better yet, for variety - 6 individual style pizzas.
- Roll out using a heavily floured rolling pin - the thinner the better.
- Add a dollop of the tomato sauce/passata and spread out from there.
- Be sure to leave the outer ring clear for a crust.
- Add your favourite toppings!
Don't over do it as you'll risk an uneven cook - less is more!
- Rub or brush the crush section with oil for a golden finish.
At the BBQ:
- Light your charcoal using a Weber chimney starter
- When lit, fill both fuel holders and position together in the centre of the BBQ.
- Place your pizza stone on top of the cooking grates
- Close the lid and leave the BBQ for 10 minutes to heat up the stone.
- Make your pizzas and slide onto the stone using the supplied baking tray (or pizza paddle if you have one)
- Close the lid and let the pizza cook for 3-5 minutes, enjoy!