Our around the World in 80 BBQs continues and the USA deserves more than one visit. This time, it's Kansas City and a very large 750g Rib Eye.
Kansas is in the heart of the US and is well known for its livestock. We came up with a simple BBQ rub influenced by Kansas City BBQ restaurants and used
it with our large piece of meat.
We decided to then give Reverse Searing another go and the results were magnificent!
Check out the ingredients first and then watch the video!
Korean BBQ Steak
- Rib Eye Steak/ Cote De Boeuf (approx 1KG)
- Salt, 1 Tbsp
- Paprika, 2 tbsp
- Onion Powder, 1 tbsp
- White Pepper, 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper, 1 tbsp
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of Cayenne Pepper
You can create this dish using any Weber BBQ; charcoal or gas.
We've used the following:
- Weber Genesis II LX E-440
- Weber Tongs
- Weber Roasting Rack and Shield
- Weber GBS Sear Grate
- Weber iGrill 3
IN THE KITCHEN
- In a pestle and mortar grind salt, paprika, onion powder, white pepper, black pepper, brown sugar and cayenne pepper.
- Massage your rub into the meat and leave overnight in the fridge.
- After 24 hours, move from fridge and bring the meat to room temperature.
AT THE BBQ - Reverse Sear
- Set up your Weber BBQ for indirect cooking at 100°C and place your iGrill 3 probed steak on the roasting rack and shield
- Set up your iGrill towarn you once the steak reaches rare (49°C) but when it got to 44°C remove and wrap in tin foil.
- Set your grill up for direct cooking and at full blast.
- Once fully heated, add your steak directly on to the Sear grate and sear each side of the meat for 45 seconds - it should then get up to your target 49°C.
This will produce the best Medium Rare steak you have ever created! Tell us if you don't agree!