Follow us on FACEBOOK:
Follow us on TWITTER:
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on INSTAGRAM: (alternative link - http://www.oninstagram.com/profile/wowbbq)
Follow us on PINTEREST:
Follow us on YOUTUBE:
It’s Stir-Friday at WowBBQ!
Inspired by a Weber Recipe we decided to try our hand at a chinese style Stirfry using the Gourmet BBQ system Wok and toolset (you can checkout the official Weber recipe on Youtube at the bottom of this page).
To make this dish our way you will need the following ingredients:
For the sauce:
- 150ml beef broth
- 100ml oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
For the Beef Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled, finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced or pushed through a press
Main components of dish:
- 450g of beef; cut into strips. Low fat option like sirloin ideally.
- 3 large peppers, 1 red, 1 green, 1 orange - cut into strips.
- 1 large white onion, cut vertically in half and thinly sliced
- Noodles (we used udon)
- Small fist of coriander to taste for garnish.
- On a low heat; whisk together ingredients for sauce.
(When combined, set aside for use later; this can be prepped days in advance if needs be).
- In a bowl whisk vegetable oil, sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Add your beef to the mixture and get stuck in with your hands to make sure every inch of beef is covered in the marinade.
- Prepare your BBQ for direct grilling - lots of high heat (as hot as possible); you can use either charcoal or gas for this as we're not looking for a smoke infusion.
- Close the lid on your Weber and preheat the wok for a good ten minutes - it will be extremely hot.
- When you're ready to cook add a few drops of water to check the tempreture; you're looking for the water to steam and evaporate almost instantaneously!
- Add your beef strips to the smoking hot wok; try and have all the beef distributed accross the wok for maxiumum surface contact.
- After approximately 30-45 seconds the beef will have browned and should come away from the wok easily; stir and cooking for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add your veg all together and stir to combine - do this for about 2 minutes until the onions and veg start to change shade.
- Add sauce and noodles; stir to combine and then close the lid and cook for a full minute.
- Top with coriander leaves and stir in.
- Remove wok from grill and and service immediately! Piping hot and fresh.
You can check out the official Weber Recipe here: