WOW BBQ is an independent, online only, retailer of Weber BBQs. We have been trading online since 2002 and initially sold a wide variety of garden based products before deciding in 2007 to purely sell Weber BBQ's.
The business is headquartered in the London suburb of Bounds Green where it is affiliated with the Sunshine Garden Centre. This allows us, unlike many other online businesses to pool many of our resources. This allows our business to dramatically reduce costs; we pass these savings on to you. That's how we can offer you the great prices found across our site!
This recipe is both easy and seriously impressive, perfect for your next BBQ party.
You can easily prepare this dish and marinate the chicken the night before your event.
We think we've done indonesia justice with the delicious satay flavours of this dish, married sublimely with a sticky and spicy peanut sauce.
Everyone at WOWBBQ loved this dish and we recommend you give it a go!
Indonesian Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
For the Rotisserie:
For the Peanut Sauce:
Ingredients above makes 1 batch for 2 people.
You could alternatively cook this on any large weber BBQ
IN THE KITCHEN
- To prepare the thighs, add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Tip the meat and marinade into a zip lock style bag and massage the thighs to ensure the meat is properly coated.
- Leave to marinade for at least an hour (ideally overnight).
- To make the peanut sauce, combine all the ingredients except peanut butter and lime juice in a saucepan and simmer.
- Feed the sauce the peanut butter a spoon at a time until you've reached your preffered consistency.
- Bring to a boil/bubble and immediately reduce to a simmer - stirring throughout.
- Turn off the heat, add a generous squeeze of fresh lime juice and stir in.
- This can be enjoyed right away or left and re-heated on your Weber Genesis BBQ Side Burner when your chicken is ready.
- When you're ready to get cooking, start assembling the spit; halve a lemon and use as a base point.
- Thread on chicken thighs until the shaft is full with the marinated meat.
- Top with the second lemon half to hold the meat in place.
AT THE BBQ
- Setup your weber for indirect cooking.
- Assemble the rotisserie as per manufactuer guidelines and cook at a low tempreture (circa 150 degrees celcius) for 60 - 90 minutes.
- Try and resist the urge to check the chicken too frequently, you want to lock in as much moisture as possible.
- After 50 minutes, give the chicken a thorough basting in peanut sauce for extra moisture, stickyness and flavour.
- After 60 minutes, cut off a piece at the center of the spit to test for doneness.
- Once cooked, remove from the BBQ and using a big sharp knife - slice your tender chicken from the spit and catch with a drip tray.
- Enjoy with any sides you fancy; we recommend white rice, flatbread, a crisp beer or two and lashings of peanut sauce.