Follow us on FACEBOOK:
Follow us on TWITTER:
Follow us on Google+
Follow us on INSTAGRAM: (alternative link - http://www.oninstagram.com/profile/wowbbq)
Follow us on PINTEREST:
Follow us on YOUTUBE:
This week’s recipe post is sourced from the fantastic new cookbook; Weber’s Big Book of Barbecue contains over 200 brand new recipes and will retail at £16.99.
You can grab a copy from very soon for only £13.59 using the exclusive WOWBBQ voucher code BBQ20.
The following recipe makes 6 – 8 Servings / Kebabs
- 5 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley (leaves & tender stems)
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon smoked Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Pinch kosher salt (to taste)
- 2 pork fillets, each about 500g, trimmed of skin and any excess fat, cut into 3cm cubes.
- 2 large bell peppers, 1 red and 1 green, cut into 3cm squares
- Whisk marinade ingredients together (including salt)
- Put the pork cubes in a large resealable plastic bag and add marinade; press air out of bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to ensure even distribution.
- Place the bag into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours; ideally overnight.
- Prepare your grill for direct grilling over high heat
- Remove the marinated Pork cubes from the bag and discard the marinade; thread the pork and pepper squares evenly and alternatively on your skewers.
- Grill over direct heat with the lid closed; turning once or twice until cooked through; this will only take 8-10 minutes or so.
- Season to taste and serve warm with your favourite sides.
We recommend serving this on a bed of fluffy white rice or add to wraps for a hearty healthy lunch
a perfect summer BBQ dish!
Article written by Lee Wills for WoWBBQ.co.uk